Hello from Hank.
Photo: Hank in rehearsal with Enoch King and Derek Robertson for the workshop of The Confessions of A Hit Man with Working Title Playwrights’ Ethel Woolson Lab.
Writing about religious strays, former athletes, distressed lawyers
Hello from Hank.
“If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it!” — Jonathan Winters
I’m an undeterred Atlanta-based playwright who writes plays about former athletes, religious strays, distressed lawyers, and overwhelmed parents. In my plays, love is found accidentally but truly, and walls come tumbling down.
Mostly, I write from a place of joy. It is my hope that from my plays you will experience some sort of emotional spark.
The links to these two interviews will tell you all you’d ever want to know about me as a playwright — as then some.
Life & Work with Hank Kimmel
Thank you for taking a look at this web site, even if you just stumbled onto it when looking for my cousin Jimmy.
P.S. For information about my mediation services, please contact me directly. Special thanks to Daryl Lisa Fazio for helping me create this website.
NEW PLAY EXCHANGE
* Goodness Gracious — youth play — produced on three different continents. https://www.youthplays.com/search.php?quicksearchbox=goodness+gracious
* The End of Summer — Smith & Kraus — best 10-minute plays of 2022
* Confessions of a Hit Man — https://www.nextstagepress.com/?s=confessions+of+a+hit+man
* Moon-Lit Stroll — https://shop.writershour.com/en-us/products/community-anthology-writing-in-community-vol-1-2021?pr_prod_strat=copurchase&pr_rec_id=a3c89351d&pr_rec_pid=6840823840841&pr_ref_pid=6884021665865&pr_seq=uniform
* Divided Among Themselves — Next Stage Press (coming soon)
“Working with Hank as our guest playwright for the January 2019 edition of Broadway Brunch brought me such deep fulfillment – much more than I expected – both personally and professionally. I’ve known Hank for some time now as members of Working Title Playwrights, and I’ve always enjoyed his plays. He has a sharply deft … Continue reading
“Working with Hank is like watching a master weaver make a tapestry. He crafts characters from fragile and durable threads then intricately weaves them together. If something isn’t quite right, he’ll unravel it and try something different. He has incredible patience, and it pays off.” —Daphne Mintz, Dramaturg, Confessions of A Hit Man, 2017-18 Reiser Lab … Continue reading
“I find Hank’s work compelling on the most human of levels. The authenticity of his characters touches me and his ability to engage an audience in a love affair with those characters is impressive. I love working with Hank, he’s a generous and talented playwright.” –Amber Bradshaw, Managing Artistic Director, Working Title Playwrights; and Southern … Continue reading